Saturday 21 April 2007

Day 3 - Down to work

Even though today is Saturday, I've had to work most of the day on preparing for a preach I am doing tomorrow morning. To this end, I've been using OpenOffice Writer to prepare my notes. Here are a few reflections on my experience today:

USB Drive problem - I had a problem earlier, on restoring from hibernation I was unable to get Ubuntu to recognise my USB drive. Removing and plugging it back in several times didn't resolve the issue neither did logging out, only a reboot sorted it out. I'm not sure why this is and haven't yet checked up on potential solutions.

Printer setup - went without a hitch. Turning on my Samsung ML1750 resulted in it being detected by the "Add Printer" dialog - all working great! It's great when things that should be simple are simple.

Sexy scrolling - everyone else probably noticed this ages ago. But I noticed that using the wheel on my mouse I can move the contents of visible windows which are in the background. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted this functionality under WinXP! What a fabulous surprise.

Anyway more to come tomorrow.

No comments: