Thursday 19 April 2007

Introduction

Well here we are, the new version of Ubuntu: Feisty fawn has been released at last! Yesterday marked a big day for me. I've been a Windows user for years, since Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and at last I've taken the plunge and decided to try and migrate to Ubuntu.

Over the last few months I've been dabbling occasionally with Edgy but never felt quite comfortable enough to make the move. One of the main stumbling blocks was the lack of 'out of the box' support for WPA within Edgy. The advent of the Feisty Beta a few weeks ago tipped the balance and made me feel comfortable enough to move to Feisty full time.

This change of Operating system inspired me to start this blog as a way of documenting the ups and downs of a relative Newbie to the Linux scene. I hope in the process to learn, from those reading who know better, and perhaps even to help those who have made the move as well! Enjoy!

Paul

No comments: